Famous for its rich colours, warm tones, and beautiful ethnic motifs, the Ela flat-woven rug embodies a splendid mix of cultures: the Greeks, Armenians, Kurds, Assyrian, & Turkic peoples have all contributed to kilim history.
The Ela rug is handwoven in two of the most durable and gorgeous natural fibres: hemp and organic cotton. They make for a perfect rug material: they attract no dust or debris — which is a huge advantage for people with kids and four-legged friends.
Hemp also works as an outdoor rug — meaning if it does get wet, it does no harm to the fibres and is washable by hand. Not the softest of materials for a rug, but works wonderfully in high-traffic areas as well.
Didn't find anything of choice? Have something made exclusively for you, just contact us.
- Designed By Artisan Masters, Not Mass Produced
- Ethically Produced & Minimal Carbon Footprint
- Made Using Only Natural Hemp & Cotton
- Women-Owned Brand
Weights & Dimensions
152 x 213 cm
60 x 84 in
5 x 7 ft
- Colour: Multicoloured.
- Techniques: Handwoven.
- Material: 70% Hemp, 30% Cotton.
- Imperfections are natural, this piece is not machine made.
- Custom made / made-to-order with love and care at Rugs Boutique weaving studio to uphold sustainable practices and avoid unnecessary stockpiling and wastage of resources (like dyes, yarn, water, etc.).
- Aftercare: Vacuum regularly. Spot clean using a damp cloth. Brush for dust and pet hair. Use a mild detergent for stains, testing on a small, inconspicuous area first.
- Didn't find anything of choice? Have something made exclusively for you, just contact us.
- Made in India.
For all our UK customers, we use a Royal Mail or ParcelForce Tracked and Signed For 48 Hour service.
If your order is over the value of £125, you will automatically qualify for free UK shipping. Our minimum shipping cost is £4.99.
For international shipments, we use a variety of trusted couriers including DHL, DPD and ParcelForce Worldwide. The shipping cost will automatically be calculated when you reach the checkout page.
When your order is dispatched, you will receive an email or SMS confirmation, containing your order’s tracking number.